Do you look forward to the end of the day when you can crawl into bed and get a good night’s sleep?
Sleep is such an important part of a healthy and vital lifestyle. It’s a time when the conscious brain activity is placed on the back burner and our bodies are given the time to rest and restore.
Sleep is considered to be one of the three pillars of health, alongside nutrition and exercise.
So what often keeps us from restful sleep and what are some natural solutions to catching our z’s?
Here is one way to feel our best each day!
Check out the amazing properties of Lavender
No one wants to feel run down or fatigued by the day to day activities in life. There are too many things to enjoy with family and friends and work and travel to waste precious time feeling sluggish tired. By observing natural patterns of sleep, getting adequate exercise and good nutrition, you can create a life of energy and vitality. Here are a few tips for finding your best you!
Nutrition also plays a role in helping us feel our best. When we fuel our bodies with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, lean proteins and drink ample amounts of water, our bodies feel supported and we experience health and wellness. We can also be benefitted by high quality vitamins, such as the Life Long Vitality pack by doTERRA.
Essential Oil Ideas to Support Sleep:
Avoid using essential oils which stimulate at night, for example rosemary and peppermint.
Instead try using some of these options:
- Lavender: Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet for a restful night’s sleep.
- Roman Chamomile: Diffuse or apply to bottoms of feet at bedtime.
- Vetiver: After a hard day’s work, apply as part of a soothing, aromatic massage.
NIGHTTIME ROUTINE FOR SUPPORTING RELAXATION
- Place one of the above essential oils in diffuser.
- Sip a nighttime tea blend of chamomile and lavender
- Layer vetiver, cedarwood, patchouli, and ylang ylang on feet.
Essential Oil Ideas to Support Wellness:
Basil oil: Superb for overall energy and vitality.
Lavender oil: Helps balance body systems where energy might be squandered unnecessarily in one area.
Citrus oils: Refresh, uplift and rejuvenate.
Peppermint oil: Gives an immediate, invigorating effect.
DAILY ROUTINE FOR SUPPORTING HEALTHY ENERGY LEVELS
- Rub 1-2 drops of grounding blend on bottoms of feet, morning and night.
- Consume 3-5 drops of frankincense under tongue morning and night.
- Add a favorite citrus oil to drinking water; consume throughout day.