Welcome Moms . . .
I’m Stacy Winters Paulsen, wife, mother of six, entrepreneur, Real Food advocate and avid essential oil user. I’m glad you popped in!
I want to help you in your divine roll as a mother. You may never experience as much joy and growth doing anything else. But . . . along with the joy can come some serious trials, struggles, frustration, worry, lack of time . . . well . . . you know what I mean.
Back in 2009, when I was 35, I began to feel the stress of motherhood. It was taking a toll on not only me, but on my family. I knew I needed to make changes to live a happy AND extraordinary life, so I began researching what things I could do to support me as a mom. What I discovered were many simple solutions, including essential oils that made my life easier and more empowered.
I once thought “going green” and “organic” was a real joke, but I’ve discovered otherwise. All the toxins we are exposed to in food, air, water, cleaning products, processed foods, face creams and more can’t be good for us over time.
Natural can be simple, effective and empowering as a mom!
Here is a quick overview of some of my family’s favorite essential oils. I love having solutions at my finger tips, any time of the day, even in my purse and diaper bag.
I know each family is unique, so these may not apply to you yet or at all, but know whatever your unique situation, concerns or goals are, there’s an oil for it.
FOR THE MEN – Favorites from my husband, Dick Ray
- Loves essential oils and supplements to support his CrossFit workouts.
- DeepBlue rub is a must for muscle and joint support.
- Mito2Max before workouts to support healthy energy production without stimulants.
- DigestZen for digestive support (which I totally appreciate).
- Peppermint beadlets before a cardio workout to support healthy respiration.
FOR THE TEEN – from Kaleb my 15 year old runner
- DeepBlue Rub, Lemongrass, marjoram and peppermint for muscle & joint health during all the high school track & cross country runs.
- Life Long Vitality Supplements for energy and mood management during those teen years.
- Breathe vapor stick on his chest before track meets for respiratory support.
- AromaTouch massage after a workout or the night before a meet. It’s calming, soothing, supports healthy immune function (and about the only time I get to touch him, since he’s out of the huggy stage).
FROM ANOTHER TEEN BOY – Jarom (Football & Basketball Player)
- AromaTouch massage, he gives them and receives them
- HD Clear products for his healthy skin during those teen years
- OnGuard is helpful for occasional mouth tension when his braces are adjusted
FROM THE TWEEN GIRL – Elli (Avid Cook & Club Volleyball Player)
- Wild orange and citrus bliss because it’s calming and helps with all the changing moods & emotions, and they taste yummy in her water bottle.
- DeepBlue Rub on her muscles, hands and joints from volleyball and PiYo.
- All the cooking oils – She’s always creating amazing foods, snacks and smoothies with the oils
- Lavender & Frankincense for making her own beauty products
FROM THE 8 YEAR OLD – Corom (Basketball Player, Writer & Illustrator)
- Wild Orange & Peppermint to support his creative mind and it makes him happy.
- InTune to support creativity and focus.
- Diffusing Serenity or Balance for an efficient homework session. (He’s so full of energy)
FROM THE PRE-K GIRL – Minna (Gymnast & Future President of the USA)
- Lemon is her favorite. It calms her and is a gentle cleanse when used in her water bottle.
- Peaceful Child blend (I mix myself) supports her ability to be calm and in control.
- Past Tense Blend because she’s a growing kiddo. We roll it diluted on her legs at night.
FROM THE TWO-YEAR-OLD TODDLER – Morgan (Cute little Marshmallow)
- Balance Blend for healthy bum support.
- Serenity Blend to support a restful night sleep.
- OnGuard Blend for immune support since she’s around other kids in nursery at church.
- DigestZen Blend on her belly for digestive support.
- AromaTouch Massage – When she’s feeling a little off, she will pull up her shirt, lay down on her belly with her arms out showing me she wants a massage.
- Lavender & Melaleuca in her baths.
Here is a cute video of her showing how she applies essential oils!
FROM THE MOM – Stacy (Mom, Biz Owner & Runner)
- Peppermint great for digestive support, energy, focus, respiratory support, cooling the body, occasional head tension and more. It’s always in my purse.
- ClaryClam Blend for balancing my mood throughout the month.
- On Guard Blend for personal, school time and winter immune support.
- Slim & Sassy Blend helping with healthy weight management.
- Emotional Aromatherapy Kit – love all the oils to support healthy emotions.
NOTE: We always dilute when essential oils with children. Essential oils are very concentrated so “less is more”.
Our family’s “naturalness” is definitely a work in progress, but essential oils have been a really easy one for us to implement.
Anyway, enough preaching to the choir.
Where do essential oils fit in to motherhood? EVERYWHERE – for personal emotional and physical health support to children to spouse! We use them our morning routine, baths, at bedtime, when we are out of the house or in the middle of the night.
Below and through out this website you’ll find essential oils and other natural support tools.
THE QUICK ESSENTIAL OIL 101 CLASS
WHAT ARE ESSENTIAL OILS?
Essential oils are natural aromatic compounds extracted and distilled from plants for health benefits. Plants have been providing safe and effective health solutions to families for thousands of years.
- Super-Charged Potency
- 50-70x more powerful than herbs. 28 cups of peppermint tea = 1 drop of peppermint ($.08)
- Oils are affordable – Pennies per dose
- Oils contain hundreds of different compounds, providing complex & versatile ability to combat threats without building up resistance.
- Nature produces – Meets body’s needs – Body heals itself
- Oils work with the body to support systems on a cellular level.
doTERRA sets a new standard for purity with CPTG (Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade) in response to unregulated essential oil standards that limit usage and benefits.
Grades of Essential Oils
- SYNTHETIC – Toxic chemical fragrance (found in foods, perfumes, shampoo, candles, most aromatic essential oils).
- FOOD – Cooking extracts & flavorings (safe to consume, but little or no health benefits).
- THERAPEUTIC – Unregulated standard leads to misleading label claims, compromised quality & marginal health benefits. (this is what most people use and may be disappointed with results).
- CERTIFIED PURE THERAPEUTIC GRADE (CPTG) – World’s highest quality essential oils and are verified safe for all ages & uses.
- Plants harvested in their natural habitat
- Beyond organic, verified pure, free of fillers, pesticides, & foreign contaminants
- Stringent third party testing of every batch to ensure powerful benefits without harmful side-effects
- Co-impact partnerships with growers around the world to protect agricultural traditions, and provide the most potent essential oils today
THREE WAYS TO USE CPTG ESSENTIAL OILS
Breathe in or use diffuser to clean the air, support respiratory system and affect mood.
Apply to the bottoms of feet or affected areas to target specific needs.
Drop in water, under tongue, or into gel capsules to support mouth throat, digestive, & overall health.